Monday, July 11, 2011

Custom Requests

Custom requests are such a blast to make. When you are looking for the perfect gift for your bestie or little one, you just have to ask!

The Dragon Hood!
This Dragon Hood was requested by a gal that loved my Dragon Hats and wanted to get one for her massively dreadlocked friend so she asked if I could create a hood with dragon spikes. It took a few weeks of trial and error for me to be happy with the Dragon Hood but when it was finished, it was awesome (or rawrsome :D)


Dragon Hat in Chili Red with Saffron Spikes
Dragon Hats in custom colors are the easiest for me to accommodate. I keep a large supply of hues in stock so the wait time for a custom colored hat is usually one week, but can be as short as three days.


Country Pink, Bubblegum Pink, Bright Pink, Fucshia Heather, Magenta
Typically, when a customer asks for a hat or scarf in a different color option, I send them a picture of the hues I have available. That way, I don't need to make five different hats before I get to the best color combination for my customers.


Amelia Earhart's Aviator Hat
Last Fall, I was asked to translate Amelia Earhart's aviator hat into a crocheted design using a photo for inspiration. The end result was a super cool aviator in a hand dyed mossy green, red apple detailing, and a vintage buckle.

Custom Aviator Hat
Attaching the buckle was the hardest part to work out. She and I were both super pleased with how this custom aviator hat turned out. I love the chinstrap!


With me, or just about any other Etsy seller, custom requests are fantastic. Just give us a bit of time, communicate what you want, and don't ask us to copy another designer. Also, pictures and sketches definitely help :D

No comments:

Post a Comment