Monday, July 25, 2011

Buttons, buttons, buttons!

Buttons, buttons, buttons!
All this month, I've been on a massive vintage button hunt. I scoured thrift shops, estate sales, and sometimes even raiding my great grandma's old button jars. These awesome, pretty bits of plastic are used to accent The Fairy Godmother Scarf

The Fairy Godmother Scarves

and The Gretal Scarf

The Gretal Scarf


This is one of my favorite favorite buttons I'd been saving from my great grandma's collection. I love the silver disk offset on the navy! I never really knew my great grandma. She had a stroke when I was young and lost most of her ability to speak and move but when we visited, I was allowed to read to her from my American Girl and Marguerite Henry books. She must have been a wise and frugal lady for saving all those jars of buttons. I feel connected to my Kentucky roots when I use them. This special button is fastened onto The Fairy Godmother in Tropical Vacation
using sweet little white bows on the underside.

Little White Bows

Quite a few buttons

I am completely inspired for my fall season of scarf-making!

1 comment:

  1. That's how I have all my buttons separated and stored as well :)

    ReplyDelete