Monday, August 29, 2011

Craft Show Displays!

During the summer, I keep an eye out for wooden window frames, picture frames, and doors to reclaim. Much of the homes around town are being renovated and that equals a gold mine for me!


These blue slatted doors were taken out of a nearby house and the owner kindly let me take them (and go through his piles of wooden treasure, though his old chicken wire windows were off-limits)


I started pulling the slats out by hand. The doors were pretty banged up and many of the slats were already missing so I didn't feel too bad about taking the doors down to just the frames. I was left with two empty doors that each had a divider going through them.


Then I passed them over to my dad. My parents live a few blocks away and it is so convenient! My dad and I team up on many projects, just like we did when I was in high school. I have so much to learn from him.

He cut down the peg board and screwed it into the frame. He reenforced the wonky corners so it will stand up to outdoor craft show abuse.


My display is going to look so very nice this year! Thanks Daddy-o (and the friendly neighbor that let me dig through his debris pile).





No comments:

Post a Comment